Sunday, February 14, 2010

Poem IV

In reviewing my manuscripts, I see that the poem titled "IV" is different from the one I originally posted here. Not sure how that happened, but here's the proper poem "IV". If anyone actually reads this, I'd be curious which one is preferred. Since it's from that first series, this would make it pretty old...probably written in 2006 or so.

Your lips are prismatic in the act of a kiss
When the light of your love is dispersed on my face
The world colors in a spectrum of thought
At once of you and entirely for you
Bent upon the task of rendering an ideal
Manifest in the moment of your lips settling
But transitory, to be savored
Like a view of the sky in the moments
After a storm clears and what light remains
Distills through the hazy air of promise

No comments: